Thursday, December 24, 2015

Happy Jolabokaflod! FREE Kindle book!


I'm giving away the House of Transformation for FREE on Kindle for a very limited time in celebration of Jolabokaflod! Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/House-Transformation-Astrea-Taylor-ebook/dp/B018OUHZ5A 
I'm hoping for more reviews and general word-of-mouth. Please feel free to share this link -- with any luck, I'll reach a nice spot on the Amazon free bestseller list! 

Synopsis: The House of Transformation is about a pop star with an addiction teetering on the edge of sanity and wondering if life is worth it all anymore. She goes home to ask her friend to help her, but her friend just published a scathing tell-all book about her. They work on repairing their friendship and getting the pop star clean before a contractually obligated Grammy performance. There's also a dual storyline of when they lived together in a place called the House of Transformation, a place of artistic ambition and spirits. 

One reviewer said, "I really enjoyed reading this book and I had trouble putting it down at the end of the night. It is a story about helping a friend and I think most people will be able to identify with the themes of the novel. The first person perspective of the main character kept me engaged in the two timelines that the story covered. The history between the two main characters and the ups and downs involved in it feel very genuine. Despite the pop star's personal flaws you feel for her and the difficulty in overcoming an addiction. And I really was not sure how they novel was going to end but I could not wait to see how it ended. I hope I see some new stories from this author in the future."

No comments:

Post a Comment